Director/Manager, Papakura High School Services Academy
Two-year and fixed-term position
The Papakura High School Board wishes to recruit a multi-skilled and experienced individual to be responsible for the delivery, growth and further development of an academy programme for students at risk of disengagement with education. The programme has successfully completed its second year of operation in 2021.
A background in the NZDF is desirable.
New Zealand Teacher registration is preferable but not a prerequisite for application.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A genuine passion for working in a low decile school. Some experience of this or a similar environment is desirable
- A background in working with Māori and Pasifika youth
- A genuine passion and commitment to raising student achievement
- High expectations of students
- The ability and willingness to: Keep up-to-date with the latest information technology; Facilitate or adapt to change in teaching methods; Work collaboratively in a team
Key Features of the programme:
- The programme is full time. The academy students will stay together as a class for the duration of the day
- The students will wear a slight variation to our school uniform which is suitable for intensive physical activity during the day and which will identify them as academy students
- The management of students will involve corrective training.
- The academic component of the programme will be delivered by both the manager and supporting staff.
- The manager will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the timetable
For more information about the application, please visit https://www.papakurahigh.school.nz/about-us/vacancies or contact Simon Craggs, Principal, at email@example.com