📍𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲: The online video platform Zoom
📅𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻: 8 December 2021, 11am-1pm
An online kōrero to ensure that New Zealand veterans worldwide are getting all their support and entitlements. Talks, one-on-ones, and Q&A.
The Kōrero (discussion or discourse) will be hosted on the online video platform Zoom. The event will be similar to our previous forums but done online.
How to attend
You can access the public parts of the Kōrero through the links in your e-ticket. If you book a private case management clinic, you will be given a separate link for your time slot.
What to expect
- Case management clinics
You can book a clinic to talk one-on-one with a Veterans’ Affairs case manager. They can deal with more sensitive or complicated issues. The clinics run for up to 15 minutes. You must book case management clinics in advance. To book a case management clinic, select a time slot when you register for your e-ticket.
- Main presentations
There will be a main presentation Zoom stream where you can see and hear from Veterans’ Affairs and our veteran support partners. There will be about 7 presentations. After each presentation, the speaker will answer your questions during a Q&A session in another Zoom room. The next presentation will begin soon after the previous one.
- Q&A sessions
Q&A sessions will run for about 10 minutes after each presentation in a separate room. This is known as a ‘Breakout Room’. In this room you can ask questions and engage with the presenter. This Zoom room is run separately from the main presentations, so the main presentations will continue. You may miss the beginning of the next presentation if you are in a Q&A room from the previous presentation.
- The Veterans’ Affairs information room
In addition to the main presentation room, and the Q&A room, there will be a Veterans’ Affairs Room, where you can talk to a member of our staff. They can answer simple questions, or put you in the right direction for more involved or personal questions. They’re there to help.
Please don’t post private or sensitive information in the public chat. You can use the Direct Message feature to send information privately to the Veterans’ Affairs Room.
If you need to discuss personal or health issues, you should book a case management clinic in advance when you register for your e-ticket.
Who will be there
- Veterans’ Affairs (VA)
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association (RNZRSA)
- Ranfurly Veterans’ Trust/We Served
- NZDF (Force Financial Hub)
- New Zealand Vietnam Veterans’ Association
- Soldiers Sailors and Airmens Association of New Zealand (SSAANZ)
- Age Concern
Veterans’ Affairs are proud to host this forum in partnership with Ranfurly Veterans’ Trust.
Tips for using Zoom
- We recommend signing up and downloading Zoom ahead of time. Sign-up to Zoom at https://zoom.us/signup
- You can use the browser version of Zoom, or the desktop app version of Zoom.
- You can use a mobile device, a tablet or an iPad, but a laptop or desktop will give you a better experience.
- You don’t need a Zoom account to come to the Kōrero. You will just need to enter your name and email address. You can use a Zoom account if you have one.
- The easiest way to join is through the link on your e-ticket.
- The Kōrero will only be between 11am to 1pm on Wednesday 8 December. The link won’t work outside that time.