Offlimits is the brand under which outdoor action events are conducted for the New Zealand public at the Army Training area at Waiouru in the North Island. The mission is to provide quality outdoor action events utilising the uniqueness of the Waiouru training area (63,000 hectares) through one or two day motorcycle, quad and side-by-side, 4×4 vehicle, mountain bike and horse trek events through Waiouru.
The Trust was formed to support the health and welfare of defence force personnel. In addition the trust provides funding for NZDF members to participate in a range of sporting endeavours including:
• Promoting, organising, overseeing ,supporting, sponsoring, funding and conducting sports competitions, tournaments, events, programs and activities pertaining to sports for all members of the New Zealand Defence Force;
• Supporting, sponsoring and funding any member of, or sports team in, the New Zealand Defence Force to represent and compete in sporting competitions or tournaments;
• Providing funding for the acquisition of equipment for any gym used by members of the New Zealand Defence;
• Actively promoting and increasing participation in sport and physical activity within the New Zealand Defence Force;
• Encouraging recruitment to the New Zealand Defence Force by conducting amateur sporting competitions for New Zealand Defence Force members and the general public;
• Creating and providing assistance to other charitable trusts or organisations which have charitable purposes substantially similar to the Trust Purposes.