📍𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲: Claudelands Events Centre – Heaphy Room (Gate 4, Brooklyn Road, Claudelands, Hamilton)
📅𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻: 27 May 2021, 10am-2pm
This forum is an opportunity for Waikato veterans to ensure that they’re receiving all the support that is available to them.
Veterans and whānau may have the opportunity of meeting with a member of the Veterans’ Affairs case management team. If you are interested in meeting with a case manager please ensure that you select a time on the Eventbrite registration form.
The forum is also an opportunity to meet in person with a range of veteran support organisations and discuss what support that they have to offer. Those organisations include:
- Independent Living Solutions
- NZDF Force Financial Hub
- Ranfurly Veterans’ Trust
- Veterans’ Affairs
- Viet Nam Veterans and Their Families Trust
- Vietnam Veterans Children’s and Grandchildren’s Trust.
Veterans’ Affairs are proud to host this forum in partnership with Ranfurly Veterans’ Trust.
What to do on the day
- Find a park
Enter the Claudelands Events Centre through Gate 4. Someone at the gate will direct you to the car park.
- Enter the exhibition building
One of our staff will greet you at the entrance of the Heaphy Room. They will ask you a few quick questions about COVID-19, and then guide you to the next area.
- Check in with our staff inside
Inside, another member of our staff will ask if you registered online at Eventbrite, or if you are a “walk-in”. They will then ask for your name. You can show them your Eventbrite ticket if you have one.
- Enter the exhibition and enjoy
The Veterans’ Affairs stall can help with questions you may have.
Steps you need to take due to COVID-19
The wellbeing of veterans and whānau is our top priority.
We will ask you to:
- scan in using the COVID-19 Tracer app or sign in using the register
- use the hand sanitiser that is freely available throughout the venue
- stay at home if you are sick or feel unwell.